Monday, January 4, 2010

Surprise! Lollipop Party Favor

This is the party favor that I made for my friend's surprise birthday party this weekend.  I used the new Noted Backgrounds stamp set from CTMH.  She loves Houndstooth so this was perfect for her.  I also used the Be Yourself stamp set for the Girls and for the Frame and Happy Birthday I used a set called Annotations.



These are really very easy to make.  I started out with punching out two scalloped circles for the top.  One in Black Cardstock and the other in White.  I stamped the houndstooth image on the white scallop circle using black ink.  Then I stamped the little frame and Happy Birthday on a piece of white cardstock, cut it out and used 3-d foam squares to pop it up.

For the base I started with a 2" x 7 1/2" piece of white cardstock and scored it at 2 1/2", 4", and 7". (You'll want to check the size of your lollipops and adjust if needed.  I used Tootsie Pop's for mine)
I folded on the score lines, punched a hole in the center of the last score line and stamped the girls using black ink on the front and back.

Oh, I made little wrappers for the Tootsie pop lollipops because they didn't match the black and white theme I was going for.  I just stamped the houndstooth design on some white computer paper and wrapped them right over the tootsie pop wrapper.

Stick the lollipop in upside down and poke the stick through the hole.  I used a little double-sided tape to keep them centered.   Then I used double-sided tape to adhere the 1/2" flap down.  I used my Martha Stewart Loop punch to make a 2" x 1" loop border to cover up the flap, glued that on using double-sided tape.

Used glue dots to adhere the houndstooth scallop circle to one side of the stick and another glue dot to adhere the black scallop circle to the back of the stick.  Then I added the piece of houndstooth ribbon to the stick tying in a knot.

Done!  They are very easy to do and would be so cute done for Valentine's Day too.


2 comments:

Amanda Kowalker said...

LOVE IT! Awesome job Debi! ;)

Lori Betz said...

What a perfect twist on the idea! Could be used for placesettings for a party! Thanks so much for sharing... these are awesome!