The front has a hole cut through so you can see part of the picture inside the card. Of couse, I couldn't throw away the circle that was left over after cutting out, so I made a tag too.
Here is the inside of the card showing the other birdy and the rest of the sentiment. So cute!
Here are the instructions to make this adorable card:
• Veranda Creative Basics
• Inks: Garden Green, Juniper, Crème Brulee, Tulip
• D1406 True Friends stamp set
• C1396 Love Birds stamp set
• A1103 A Love stamp set
• Z1269 Filigree Charms
5 ½ x 4 ¼ Colonial White Card Base
4 x 5 ¼ Juniper CS
1 ¾ x 3 ¾ B&T Floral
1 ½ x 3 ¾ B&T Stripe (2)
3 x 2 Colonial White CS to stamp image for card front
1 ½ x 1 ½ Colonial White CS for heart image on tag
2 ½ x 2 ½ Garden Green CS punched with scallop circle
3-d Foam Tape
Sponge for inking edges
Ribbon for tag
Coluzzle circle, Knife and Mat
1. Ink edges of all three pieces of B&T paper and Garden Green scallop circle using Juniper ink and sponge.
2. Glue the two striped pieces of B&T paper to the Juniper cardstock leaving an even edge on the sides. Glue the Floral B&T to the Juniper cardstock centering between the two striped pieces.
3. Glue Juniper CS to the front of the Colonial White card base.
4. Open card base and place on cutting mat. Using the 3rd smallest circle on the Coluzzle template, cut a hole through all layers of the front of the card. See picture for placement.
5. Save cut out, ink the edges using Juniper ink and glue to center of scallop circle for tag.
6. Lightly outline the hole using a pencil.
7. Open card and stamp the bird image using Juniper ink – placement should be at the bottom edge of circle. Place “mask” over the bird and stamp the Cage image using Garden Green ink. Remove mask.
8. Stamp the other bird image using Juniper ink and the three hearts using Tulip ink.
9. Stamp “you” using Juniper ink. Stamp the bracket using Garden Green ink and then rolling in Juniper ink.
10. Stamp the frame using Garden Green ink and then rolling in Juniper ink onto Colonial white CS. Stamp the heart using Garden Green ink and then rolling in Juniper ink onto small piece of Colonial white CS.
11. Stamp the words “Somebirdy Loves” centering in the frame using Juniper ink.
12. Cut out frame and heart images.
13. Use 3-d foam tape to mount frame to front of card. Use 3-d foam tape to mount heart to front of tag.
14. Stamp the squiggle line above the cage on card front using Juniper ink. Use a glue dot to adhere the Filigree charm to card front.
15. Punch a hole in tag and add ribbon for loop. Stamp with love on back of tag using Juniper ink.