Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring has Sprung - H2H Challenge

I know that it is actually the end of the week, but I really enjoyed making this card and I just have to share it with you.  On the heart 2 heart challenges blog this week they are challenging you to make a project that depicts spring and the saying.."April Showers bring May Flowers".  Here is my entry.
My inspiration came from Paper Crafts magazine "Card Creations Favorite Occasions, Vol.2" page 81.
The CTMH stamp sets I used are: C1350 Dainty Thoughts for the flowers, D1377 Around the Block for the cloud, D1415 Springtime for the raindrops, and D1333 Wishing Star for the sentiment "You Brighten My Day".
I used Pear Cardstock and White Daisy Cardstock.  Black ink, Pear ink, and Sky ink.  Also used Pear and sky markers.  Assorted buttons and white embroidery thread.  The Polka dot ribbon is from my stash.  I used Liquid Glass on the raindrops.The white center piece and the cloud is raised using pop dots.

Thanks for looking and here in rainy Oregon we can always hope for sun!

8 comments:

Sheila H said...

Darling card!

Lorrinda said...

Lovely spring card! The button flowers and raindrops add the perfect sparkle! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

Mary said...

Really cute....and so Springy! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Corina said...

This is a great and super cute card, I love all the details. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

Karen Day said...

Love the little rain cloud in the corner! Very pretty card, Debi - glad you could join us at H2H this week :o)

Debbie Carriere said...

Wonderful card - love the flowers. Thanks for playing at Heart 2 Heart!

Arlene B. said...

Very bright and cheery card, love the cloud with the rain drops then the bright button flowers.

Melinda Everitt said...

I am so loving this card! It really reminds me of Spring and your work is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at H2H!