Here is my project:
Here is a side view. The top raises up and stands like an easel and the drawer slides open. It holds a set of four cards and envelopes.
Here is a picture of the four cards. I made them really simple borrowing from the card on page 23 of the current catalog.
Here are the instructions for making the easel box and the cards.
For the Box Drawer:
8 ½” x 9 13/16” Blue Pattern Pemberley paper pack
Score at 1” and 2” around all four edges
For Drawer Pull:3 ½” piece of ribbon
Fold under the ends of the ribbon and use Tombow adhesive to secure.
2 Bamboo colored brads
Poke a hole in each end of the folded over ribbon and place the brads through. Measure 1 ¼” from the edge of the box front on both sides and poke a hole through the drawer front. Slide the brads through to secure the ribbon to the drawer front. Tape all four corners of the box using red lines tape to build the box. Fold sides in and use red lines to secure.
For the Outer Box:12” x 8” Bamboo Cardstock
Score at 1” and 2 1/8” along the long edge. Turn 90 degrees and score at 2 ½”, 3 5/8”, 8 ¼” and 9 3/8” along the short edge.
Cut out the folds and flaps as seen in picture. Using Red Lines, tape the flaps to build the back edge of the box. Insert the drawer in the box and use red lines tape to secure the seam of the bottom of the box making sure that you have it loose enough for the drawer to easily slide in and out.
For the Decoration on the top of the box:C1494 Card Word Puzzle stamp set
Pemberley Workshop on the go stamp set
Indian Corn Blue Marker
Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint
3-D foam tape
4” x 5 ¼” Bamboo Cardstock
3 ½” x 3” Blue Pattern paper glue to front of Bamboo cardstock piece approx.. ½” from the top and side edges.
3 ¼” x 2 7/8” Colonial White cardstock to be random stamped using Outdoor Denim ink pad and the small flower and the butterfly images. Ink distress the edges. Glue on top of the blue pattern paper lining up the bottom edge.
4” x 1 ¼” Colonial White cardstock stamp the border along the bottom edge and “Grateful for you” on the right hand side using Outdoor Denim ink.
4” x 1 ¼” Blue Pattern Paper use scallop punch across one long edge and adhere to the back side of the colonial white piece.
(2) 1 ½” x ¾” Outdoor Denim Blue cardstock cut a “V” to make banner edge and adhere to back side of the bottom edge of the colonial white piece.
(1) 1 ½” x ¾” Buttercup cardstock cut a “V” to make banner edge and adhere to back side of the bottom edge of the colonial white piece.
(2) 1 ½” x ¾” Colonial White cardstock, random stamp, then cut a “V” to make banner edge and adhere to back side of the bottom edge of the colonial white piece.
Use 3-D foam tape to attach the colonial white piece to the card front making sure that the banners do not hang down past the bottom edge.
2 ½” x 2 ½” Colonial White Cardstock scrap stamp the rose image using Outdoor Denim ink pad. Color in the rose using buttercup marker and Indian Corn Blue marker for the center. Cut out with scissors. Paint on a light coat of the Pearl Paint. Attach to the card front using tombow and 3-D Foam tape.
Easel Mechanism:4 ¼” x 11” Outdoor Denim Cardstock
Score at 5 ½” and 8 ¼” along the long side. Using Outdoor denim ink pad and a sponge, ink the edges of the cardstock so the white core is not showing. Attach to the top of the box. Attach the card front to the front scored area using red lines tape.
For the Inside of the Easel Card:4” x 5” Colonial White Cardstock stamp the small stemmed flower in the lower right hand corner. Color in using the Buttercup marker. Adhere to the inside of the Easel card.
4” x ½” Border from Blue Pattern Paper Use the sponge and Outdoor denim ink pad to distress the edges. Adhere to card front approx.. 1 ½” from the bottom. Add three Large Pearls on top of the border.
For the set of Four Cards:(4) Standard sized 4 ¼” x 5 ½” Colonial White Card bases and envelopes Put a piece of scrap paper across the top 2” of the card base and Random stamp the large Rose image using outdoor denim ink pad.
(4) 4 ¼” x ½” Pieces of Pattern Paper Attach one to each of the card fronts.
(4) 2 ¼” x 2 ¾” Outdoor Denim Cardstock attach one to each of the card fronts either centered or to the left side approx.. ½” down from the top edge of the card.
(4) 2” x 2 ½” Colonial White Cardstock stamp each one with a different sentiment and image of your choice. Adhere to the front of the card on top of the Outdoor denim cardstock. Add embelishments as desired using Buttercup Organza Ribbon and White Pearls.
**Items highlighted in red are the supplies you will need to complete this project.