Friday, October 7, 2011

It's a Sketch Challenge

Hi Friends
This week it has taken me all week to get the challenge up on my blog, so I apologize for the delay.  Here it is....
It is a sketch challenge!  Oh, how I love those.  I don't know why, but I usually can just whip out the card with ease when someone else tells me how it is suppose to look.  On to the challenge:
Here is my card:
I used the wonderful new Dreamin' paper pack X7142B. I just love those colors. The background piece is actually one full sheet then I put the blue leaf pattern over the top of that backing the two strips with some chocolate cardstock. Then for the horizontal line I used a piece of off-white twill ribbon and two Pacifica colored brads from the fanfare brads. For my center image I used a very old retired stamp set for the journaling frame which I stamped in a second generation Pacifica Blue so it would be a little bit lighter. Then I stamped the Birthday sentiment from D1475 Card Chatter - Birthday set. The flowers are from the D1306 Treasure Life stamp set. I really love that stamp set. I just matted that with chocolate cardstock and attached it using 3-D foam tape. Pretty simple, but a lovely card.  I made it for an upcoming birthday.  Is it yours?
Click Here to see what other creations the design team and other followers came up with.
Have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is very peaceful. You've done a terrific job with this paper pack and this week's H2H sketch. I'll be back to look at this card again, for sure! :-)

Marie said...

I love the way you added the sentiment on this - so pretty!
Marie at Isom Cre8tions

Creatique Candy said...

Thank You so much for sharing! This is a very pretty card and the sentiment is perfect!

Haley D. said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for taking the H2H Sketch challenge!

Lisa said...

Very pretty card... i just love it..