Monday, August 8, 2011

Hot Hot Hot

This week the challenge at Heart 2 Heart is Hot!  Anything that reminds you of the hot hot hot of summer.  I'm thrilled that they picked me to be a guest designer this week and I had fun creating my brightly colored card with the cute crabs singing Hot, Hot, Hot!
For the background I used the backside of the Fanfare paper pack stripe that is in Sunny Yellow.  Then I used a strip of black cardstock and my corner rounder to make a scalloped edge.  I stamped the cute crab from the Down By the Sea C1451 stamp set using Pear Ink, Cotton Candy ink, and Sunset Ink.  I mounted them on the same color cardstock and popped them up with 3-d foam tape.  I added the bracket image on the yellow background by stamping with Yellow Ink on top of the background paper.  Then just to make it even hotter I added Bitty Sparkles Z1263 to the scalloped cardstock and a little Stardust Glitter Gel Z1313 to each crab belly and Liquid Glass Z679 to the eyes to make them glossy.
Be sure to post your Hot creation on the Heart 2 Heart Challenges Blog so I can see your wonderful artwork.  Enjoy the rest of your summer!

3 comments:

Mary said...

This is one super cute card! I love the little crabs - great job and thanks for joining us!

Cheryl Even said...

This card is so cute! Love the little crabs, and your color combo is perfect for a hot summer day. TFS.

Unknown said...

Love those cute little crabs! Great card!