Monday, February 8, 2010

CKC Portland Fun

Hi - What did you do this weekend beside watch the "Big Game"?  I hope that you had as much fun as I did.  I was able to attend the CKC Portland convention.  I took classes and did some shopping at the vendor fair and it was a day full of fun creative projects!  I was very excited that my friends Amanda and Cari were there too!

Here is a small sample of some of the classes that I took.  In all of my classes we recieved so much product, but ran out of time to complete everything.  Hopefully I will get a little time this week to finish some things up.

This is the first class that I took.  It was by Technique Tuesday.  We recieved product and instructions to complete 6 very cute cards.  We only made it through 2 of them in class, but I'm looking forward to finishing the rest.  Look at the cute stamp set that we all got to take home.  The ribbon on the first card we dyed with brown ink on one side and blue on the other.  Then when you twist it you get to see both colors.

Another class that I took was how to create your own embelishments.   We made flowers and butterflies.  I can see how this technique would be really fun to add embelishements to cards or layouts that match your papers you are working with.


Here is a close-up of the flower.  We used a circle of paper, cut slits with our scissors and added glitter polka-dots.  Glued dimensional elements and a button on top.

On this layout we made our own butterflies.  I just need to add some pictures to this.


This was my last class of the day.  We were to make 12 cards, but we only made it through 4 of them.  So I will be working on completing the rest of these.  I kind of changed some of the original designs a little, but I like how they turned out and that they are more funky than I would usually make myself.
I aslo took a summer vacation album class.  We recieved an adorable album, matching paper pack, and tote bag too.  We made 5 of the 10 pages, so when I get that one finished I will post some pictures of that too.  It was a great day and I'm looking forward to attending again next year.  Thanks CKC!

1 comment:

Amanda Kowalker said...

Whoo hoo! I got mentioned on your blog!! ;)